The Journey........

Friday, February 5, 2010

2 Month Bandiversary

Wrote this and intended to post it last night, but I got caught up in watching Zombieland (if you haven't seen it, it's hysterical!)..... so here it is...

.....I completely forgot that yesterday was two months since I received my band. I was very aware of my band yesterday because I just had a fill, so I was on mushies and SO hungry.

On most days, however, I tend to forget that I have a band until something reminds me. When I'm eating and have to remind myself to chew more, etc.

The weight loss is never far some my mind as I'm a bit obsessive about weighting myself. It's my morning ritual and I feel strange when I don't get to weigh myself. Last weekend when I was staying a a friends watching her daughter, I woke up, did my usual morning business in the bathroom, then looked for a scale....

GASP, she had no scale. I guess that's what you get when you're at someone's house who's fit and runs all the time... UGH :-D

So, yeah, that's my usual everyday ritual. Get up, head to the bathroom, take care of business, get out of my pjs, step on the scale and hope for a better number than the day before. It's a love/hate relationship.

After two months living with my band, here are the things that I have found:
  • Burping is a constant part of my life - I'll have to blog more on this later
  • I have to think about everything I eat and consider if this is something that might get stuck.
  • I have yet to PB or slime and I'm both grateful and worried about the first time.
  • I'm getting less obsessed with feeling my port, but I think that will return when there's less of a layer of fat over it!
  • I HATE being on a liquid diet. Love getting a fill, but hate that part that comes with it.
  • I read stories and blog on a daily basis of people who have had amazing success with the band, and I'm jealous and hoping I can be one of them in a year!
  • I'm impatient, when the scale doesn't move or something doesn't fit yet, I start feeling discouraged and upset.
  • My friends and family are a great cheering section, they are happy and proud of me, and I love them so much!
I'm sure there are a million more and I will write more when I think of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment